20th July
Well, after clubbing last night, I was really tired. So I got up bout 11am. Had to finish my research paper. Can you believe it; I finish it within 3 hours. I think it was a piece of crap or junk. I do hope to score that paper or else I am screwed.
Then I went to Student Center for the audition for Duo Celebration – Sunway University College’s 20th Anniversary and Malaysia’s Merdeka 50th Anniversary. So for you who do not know, Sunway is in fact has establish for 20 years. Long enough huh? I am only a year older than Sunway.
Well among some of the distinguish performance we had today was yoyo, guitarist, rapping and singing. Well yoyo was excellent – I was pretty stunned in fact cause I know I can’t do that. As for guitarist, I was only amazed by Tom. He plays really well guitar. Like those Middle Eastern songs – if you know what I mean. As for rapping, I was impressed with the fact he wrote it himself but it wasn’t that interesting. Another in which amazed me was Firmansyah. He was good with the guitar and so-call rapping. You know, like those cowboy style of singing and all – one word, impressive. But the annoying part was when he started singing Don’t Cha. It is really funny. But I don’t like the way he sings it…. It sounds weird. Sorry, Firm, just kidding..
Then the singers were disappointing. One guy sang some Chinese song in which I could not hear a word he was singing. Then we had this guy who sang Belaian Jiwa – I thought it should be good. My goodness – I nearly wanted to cry. Not because the fact he sang it emotionally well, he sang it emotionally terrible. But I’ve got to say, these people has the guts to go up and go for audition. Then there is this duet singing to I Want To Spend My Lifetime Loving You and one Chinese song. I am sorry to say, yes the girl might look cute but the singing wasn’t impressive at all. Now for the good one – there is two. One is the girl who sang Standing In The Eyes of the World. She sounded like Jacklyn Victor and she did accapella. Not forgetting our dear Ben and Stephanie singing to The Prayer. They were good. Seriously, I have no idea why did Ben find me to sing with him when he could just sing with Stephanie. I am not that good. Sigh, not easy mate!
Well, I can’t believe I am doing all these even when I have my finals on Monday. Ooh, guess what we did after the audition ended. We went Pink to “yum cha” – Jack Shen, Ben, Stephanie, Stephanie’s bf and me. Later Ying Xiao and Jermaine joined us but for a short while only cause they had to leave. The funniest part was when all of us were starring at the screen watching America’s Next Top Model. We all had that “stone” look on our faces. We should have captured that moment. But anyways, after dinner, Ben, Jack and I went to Pyramid. We wanted to watch a movie so we decided to watch it together.
Ben wanted to watch Harry Potter while Jack and I wanted to watch Transformers. In the end, we decided to watch Die Hard 4.0. The cinema was fully booked when we wanted to get the tickets so we had to wait for the online booking list to be open before we could do anything. So I took a walk around Pyramid, Jack went and started “drifting” with Initial D aka arcade, and Uncle Ben went and mingle around in TGV. When we went in for Die Hard 4.0 (nope, we did not pay the ticket cause it was suppose to be house seats), disappointedly the house seats were not available. Someone actually bought tickets for it. *sweat* It was quite an embarrassing moment and thank goodness no one could recognize us as we were in the dark. Then we went out. I was really unhappy and we were deciding to watch some movie. Ben kept on insisting that Jack and I should watch one movie together while he go watch some Harry Potter. Jack and I didn’t agree to that idea at all cause we came out as a gang, so we should watch as a gang. What fun would it be if we all go our separate ways. In the end, we manage to persuade Ben to watch The Invisible Target – some Chinese movie.
The movie was very predictable. Through out the whole show, Jack and I knew what would happen next. We sounded like the director of the movie. As for Ben and I, we both kept on making fun of the show; saying things like what if after all the hard core action they did and the director didn’t like the way they did it and they had to do all over again, picture the look on their face and saying “What the F***? It’s so f***ing hard to do that scene and you expect us to do all over again?” So what if the actor complains, they had to do all over again still since the director didn’t like it.
After the movie, Ben stayed on for his Harry Potter. I told him it’s not that nice yet he insist to watch it. So Jack and I went back. But stupid Pyramid, was doing something at the escalator so we had to take the lift down one floor. But there was no access to level 7. So we had to go level 5 and walk up the escalator for one floor. Then we had to walk back all the way to Sunway Lagoon Resort. While walking the connecting bridge, Jack was saying if there’s anything wrong, we should turn back. But I suggested, we should just jump out the window. If people ask why did we do so. I shall answer and tell them, I thought those windows in the movie is the same, as these and it should not hurt. So I thought of finding the fastest way to save my own life and I assume there are mattresses waiting for me below. Yeah, it was a pretty lame comment I said. But to kept the conversation rolling.
When we arrived at hotel, we went down to the lift and though we parked the car at level 10. But when we got out, we realized we were on the wrong floor. So we had to go up all the way to level 12 and walked down the stairs to level 11. But sadly, the door was locked. So we walked up to level 12 again, walked out of the hotel and to the car park and find the emergency staircase to the lower level of parking. Damn, it wasn’t easy. Then Jack passed me his car keys while he went to pay the parking ticket. Phew, it was a “pleasure” journey going around Pyramid and Lagoon Resort hotel in the middle of the night.
Alright, enough of the grand mother stories. I guess I wrote too much that this looks more like my research paper. *lol* Time to say goodbye!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment